There is no power.
• Ensure that the AC power cord is securely connected.
• Check that the plug is fully connected to the mains and is switched on.
• Check the fuse in the mains plug.
There is no sound.
• Confirm that the unit is switched on.
• Check that the turntable is securely connected to the Alva Solo.
• Check that the connections between the Alva Solo and amplifier are securely made.
• Ensure that your speakers are properly connected.
There is no sound on one channel.
• Check speaker connections and interconnects.
• Check that the Alva Solo balance control is set centrally.
There is a loud buzz or hum.
• Check that the ground lead (if present) is securely connected to both the turntable and Alva Solo.
• Ensure all interconnects are secure and intact.
• Check that your turntable is not too close to your amplifier.
There is weak bass or diffused stereo imaging.
• Ensure that your speakers are not wired out of phase.
Volume is too loud/quiet.
• Confirm that the cartridge used is a moving magnet cartridge suitable for use with the Alva Solo.