Skip to main content
- Firstly, using high quality RCA interconnects, connect the outputs of your turntable to the MM input socket of the Alva Duo if fitted with a moving magnet cartridge, or the MC input socket if fitted with a moving coil cartridge.
- If your turntable uses a separate ground lead, connect this to the ground screw on the Alva Duo. This reduces any potential hum or buzzing.
- Connect the signal output sockets of the Alva Duo to a line-level input on your amplifier.
- Ensure that the balance control is set to the central position. This can be adjusted later if necessary.
- Attach the mains power lead securely to the Alva Duo and power on the unit.
- Using the cartridge type selection switch, set the Alva Duo to MM for use with a moving magnet cartridge, or MC for use with a moving coil. This will be indicated by the relevant LED.